2 days ago, Google’s launched their first smartphone, called T-Mobile G1. With this new smartphone technology, Google’s broader their services and declared their challenge with iPhone 3G which is currently popular.
T-Mobile G1 Features:
- Comes in 3 colors – Black, White, and Brown
- Touch screen similar to iPhone
- Trackball navigation
- High speed internet browsing
- E-Mail Client
- Instant Messaging
- Short Messages Services (SMS)
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- 3 mega pixels camera with photo sharing capability
- QWERTY keyboard layout
- Integrated with most Google applications such as Gmail, Google Maps, etc.
This T-Mobile G1 is powered by Google’s open source Android software, which open source project developed by 34 group members is called “Open Handset Alliance”. This project already started since November 2007. This open-source Linux based Android software allows other developer to develop the application for the device and brings advantage to T-Mobile G1 phone.
T-Mobile G1 will be available in US stores on October 22 and will cost $179 which is $20 cheaper than iPhone 3G. This smartphone is expected to reach about 10% of smartphone market in 2011.
To receive updates on new articles, subscribe to Technology Tricks today.