The latest internet browser named Google Chrome, put the challenges between current popular internet browser, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
The Chrome browser was designed to match the future generation of internet web browser with enhance graphic and multimedia support was announced in a Google Blog Yesterday.
At first, it will launch for Windows Operating System in 100 countries and the Mac and Linux versions will released after that. You can download the windows version here.
The Google Chrome is free to download. Besides that, the source code is open source so it can be modify by anyone.
Here is the basic features of Google Chrome:
- Fully open source (Webkit) - enable other programmer to changes and improves the browser
- Clean, simple and efficient user interface.
- Asynchronous multi processing - No need to wait for a single process to complete. That’s mean Chrome can do more than one thing at a time and allow multiple execution that allow website loads faster.
- Separate process for each tab - This is useful especially for bugs. If one tab has bugs, only the data at the specified tab is loss without terminating the program (IE or Firefox can’t do this )
- Less memory usage and efficient memory management
- Improves bookmarking system - saves the most visited pages for fast access (this almost like Speed Dial function in Opera Browser)
More details about Google Chrome features can be found here.
Will Chrome dominate the current internet browser and put challenges between Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox? As we currently know, most people (around 60% - 80%) currently used Internet Explorer as their main internet browser with Mozilla Firefox as the second browser.
To receive updates on new articles, subscribe to Technology Tricks today.