Asus is one of the most important players in the netbook world, as they are often to be the first to bring new platforms and features to market. Not only has they claimed to launch the first Intel Atom’s notebook, the Eee PC 900A, they also claim to having the very first commercially available netbook, the Eee PC 701, also the launch of the first 10” netbook, the Eee PC1000. Asus continuously produce more and more mini laptops, portable and performance netbook, one of it is N10Jc.
Got a title “corporate notebook” from Asus, N10Jc seems similar to the company’s Eee 100H 80G XP, added with some better design and greater performance. Asus N10Jc can be categorized as ultraportable notebook, regardless of bearing a price ($650) that is reasonably priced for an ultraportable (but expensive for a netbook).
Asus N10Jc has both nVidia GeForce 9300M GS GPU and integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, which is switchable. Under the hood lies 160GB hard drive, 1GB of RAM and 1.6GHz Intel Atom processor that just about every other netbook offers. The netbook also comes with six-cell battery, weighted only 3.5 pounds. It also has two battery modes; a power-saving mode and high-performance mode.
The Asus N10Jc represents a big step forward from Asus’s Eee netbooks, which is just introduced last year – and it shows that netbooks of this group doesn’t need to be cheap toys.
With the 10.2” and 1024px by 600px screen resolution, Asus N10Jc looks pretty bright, crisp and manageable. The fingertip-size keyboard buttons is also exceptional for the system’s specs and have just the right amount of spacing and give. The metallic mouse buttons and touchpad looks beautiful, too.
Asus N10Jc also enhanced with Protector Suite QL and fingerprint reader, so you can use a basic biometric lockdown to secure the netbook. Besides, the ExpressCard slot and an HDMI ports is enough to enable you to use additional peripherals.
Here are the full specifications and features of Asus N10Jc:
- Intel Atom N270 Processor @ 1.6 GHz
- 1 GB of DDR2-533 Memory
- Intel 945GSE / ICH7 Chipset
- Integrated Intel GMA 950
- Discrete GeForce 9300M 256MB
- 160 GB 5,400 RPM Hard Drive
- 802.11 B/G and Bluetooth Wireless Networking
- 10/100/1000 Wired Ethernet
- Realtek High Definition Audio
- 1.3 Megapixel Bezel Camera and Microphone
- 8-in-1 Memory Card Reader
- Biometric Fingerprint Scanner
- 3 x USB 2.0 Ports
- HDMI-out video port
- VGA-out video port
- ExpressCard Expansion Port
- 10.8″ x 7.6″ x 1.2″-1.4″ (W x D x H)
- 3.5 Pounds (w/ Battery Pack Attached)
- 6-Cell 4800mAh Lithium Ion Battery
- 10.2″ Widescreen Display, 1024 x 600 Resolution
- Windows XP Home Edition (32-bit)
To receive updates on new articles, subscribe to Technology Tricks today.